Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 42: Apple Oatmeal Walnut Cookies

Me: "So boys what should I make for the cookie of the day?
Noah: "Something delicious."
Me: "Thanks Noah, that narrows it down. What do you think, Ian?"
Ian: "Hmmmm, I know!! Baked Bean Cookies!!!!"

Ian has seriously been trying to get me to make a baked bean cookie since the start of this challenge. He loves baked beans, mostly because of the after affect of eating them. Boys, gotta love them. I haven't quite figured out how to turn baked beans into a cookie yet so decided to table the baked bean cookie discussion.

Me: "How about you, Dane?"
Dane: "I got it, Apple Cookies!"

That was a suggestion I could work with. Dane is my idea kid. He comes up with some of the most creative ideas. He also has a answer for everything, just ask him. I looked online for a good apple cookie recipe. I didn't find one that I necessarily liked so I decided to wing it. I took these cookies into work the next day and the girls loved them, not bad for winging it!


Apple Oatmeal Walnut Cookies




1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 eggs beaten
1 cup of oatmeal
1 1/2 cups of apple pieces
1 cup of walnuts

In a separate bowl sift together .flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
Cream Softened butter and dark brown sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
Slowly add in flour mixture.
Add in oatmeal, mix well.
Peel, core and cut apples into small pieces.
Measure and add to the cookie dough.






Stir in apples and walnuts.



Place teaspoon sized drop of dough on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

These cookies are moist like a muffin. When storing, place in a sealed container and refrigerate. Enjoy!


No comments: