Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 44: White Chocolate Blueberry Crunch Bars (Gluten Free)

After an enjoyable coffee with some great moms, I went about the rest of my day and evening. I picked up the kids from school and Adam and I decided since we actually had a free evening (no practices or activities!) to take the boys out for dinner.

We live in a great city with a vibrant downtown area. Any type of restaurant you desire,we have it. We can walk, drive or even ride our bikes a few miles and have any number of dinner options. After we enjoyed our meal we returned home. On arrival home, Noah notices a package between out doors.

Since Adam works mostly from home, we get things delivered to the house daily. Having a package on our porch is actually the norm around here. But this package was different. As we entered our house I noticed that the brown bag was from one of my favorite local gift shops, Catching Fireflies. Immediately I knew what was in the bag, and who it was from.

At the coffee, my friend had mentioned that she saw this book at Catching Fireflies and wanted to get it for me. The book: 500 Cookies!

I was tickled to receive such a thoughtful gift from a person I hold in such regard.

As I looked through the book, I found a recipe that I could pass a long to my friends that are avoiding gluten. These White Chocolate Blueberry Crunch Bars are easy to make and since there are blueberries in it they are healthy...,right?!

White Chocolate Blueberry Crunch Bars



1 lb white chocolate
1/4 cup of sweet butter
4 cups of gluten free rice cereal
1 cup fresh blueberries


Line a square pan with parchment
Melt the chocolate and butter


Stir in gluten free rice cereal




then blueberries. Spoon mixture into pan.


Refrigerate until set (about 30 minutes) then cut into squares.



Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.

Noah: "Wow, the blueberries are really good"
Dane: "Nice!"
Ian: "Do I have to eat the blueberries??"


As an added bonus, I traded some of these cookies for an important costume prop owned by my cousin Jenny. For Halloween, Jenny was the "box head" from the LMFAO Party Rock Anthem video.

Each year our elementary school hold a talent show. This year my three boys teamed up with our friend's (who are moving to China) three girls. They decided to do a hip hop dance to Party Rock Anthem. Since Noah was making a cameo appearance, Jenny's box head was key. Her boyfriend made the box head, and he did a fantastic job!!! See for yourself.




1 comment:

Marcy said...

The cookies look great, but I'm in love with the video! I wish our kids would never grow up...and I wish The Cookie A Day Challenge would never end :-)