Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 55: Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almonds

Since I began this challenge I have notice a definent increase in our weekly grocery bill. I need to make it a point to utilize the ingredients I have in my pantry before going out for more. I am lucky enough to live three minutes from six different grocery stores so even the most obsuce ingredient is with in reach. That makes it easy to keep adding to the pantry!

I find myself strolling through the baking isle and imagining what kind of cookie I can make from the ingredients in front of me. My family is even starting to joke about how I will see some random ingredient and say "I should make a cookie out of that!"

For this Cookie Of the Day of COD, I looked in my pantry first. I had some white chocolate chips left over from day 46 along with some slivered almonds and cranberries. This is what I came up with.


Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almonds




1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg YOKE
1/2 tsp of almond extract
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
Cream butter and sugars together.
Add egg, mix well.
Add egg yoke and almond extract, mix.
Slowly add flower mixture stirring until well incorporated.
Add cranberries, white chocolate chips and almonds.


Drop a teaspoon full of dough onto a cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on cookie sheet for one minute then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.



A cookie and homework, perfect!






No comments: