Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day:77 Peanut Butter and Honey Greek Yogurt Cookies

When I create a family favorite cookie I feel like a ROCK STAR!!! This sadly, was not one of those moments.
When Noah was about four, we noticed that he was starting to develop seasonal allergies. We tried some over the counter allergy medications, but nothing seemed to help. I hit the internet to research some natural alternatives. To my surprise, honey topped the list. By consuming local natural unpasteurized honey it is believed that the body will build up an immunity to the pollen in the area. We gave it a try.

Getting a four year old to take teaspoons of natural honey wasn't easy. We ended up "tricking" him by making peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch. Those he ate! It's funny, how food favorites can start. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are still one of his favorites.

He was requesting I try to make a peanut butter and honey cookie. Done!

I liked the idea of using a natural sweetener in this cookie. My plan was to use honey Greek yogurt. Tart and sweet, nothing wrong with that! So I thought...

As this recipe developed I had to make some adjustments because of the dough consistency. However once it was complete, it was bad. Really bad. Like, the boys wouldn't even eat them bad!! I will spare you the recipe attempt. Noah's picture below pretty much sums this one up.

I was attempting to keep this cookie flourless and sugarless. I guess it is back to the drawing board on this one!



2 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

The idea of the cookie sounds great. Can't wait to see you perfect the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were pretty good