Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 23: Banana Walnut Cookies by Anna Lankin

Our next guest blogger is my cousin, Anna. Anna and her sister, Jenny, were the first to introduce me to the term:  Om Nom Nom. When I first saw that comment on facebook I was perplexed. What the heck were they talking about?! Then I said it out loud and it clicked, If you don't believe me, try it!!
My little (and I say that in the most endearing way) cousin has grown up to be a smart, beautiful young lady who is currently finishing her last semester at Oakland University.

This picture was taken at my high school graduation party.
Anna, Stephanie and Jenny



I am so happy that Anna shares my love for baking delicious treats....Om Nom Nom....Enjoy!!!


***************


One of my favorite snacks is banana bread, so I thought why not make them into a cookie! I also wanted to make something I haven't heard of before.  Everyone was curious as to how they would taste, and they are just like banana bread, but in a cookie form.
I took the base of the recipe from SimpleRecipes.com I just made a few changes.


Banana Walnut Cookies
(adapted from Banana Cookies on SimpleRecipies.com)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup banana (about 2 1/2 large bananas; can be mashed or cut)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup of nuts (I used walnuts)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl mix the butter, the granulated sugar, and the brown sugar together.


Then slowly add the egg and mix until fluffy.
In a separate smaller bowl, mix the bananas and baking soda.
In a large bowl, mix four, salt, and cinnamon.
Sift the four mixture into the butter mix.
Add banana mix.
Fold in the nuts
Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until brown (depending on the size of the cookie you make)





My two roommates and boyfriend's comment:
Jenny: Om nom nom!!!
Tammy: Fantastic!
Brian: I want more!!

Not only was I excited, but so was my roommate Tammy. Once I told her I was going to do this, she volunteered to be the first taste tester. I actually had to make a double batch so my parents could have some too :] I really enjoyed doing this!!

No comments: