Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 24: Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks by Alexia Jackson

Today my special guest blogger is Alexia. Married to my cousin Jeremy, Lexi fits right in with our family and that is not an easy task. As I mentioned before we have a large family, meeting us for the first time had to be incredibly intimidating. That could be why she mistakenly told me her name was Michelle the first time I met her. She immediately laughed and still jokes about that moment today (see how awesome she is)!

 

Lexi is beautiful, loving and super fun to hang out with. She also took time out of her busy schedule to make this treat and blog about it.  I am so excited for her and Jeremy as they get ready to welcome their first child. They are going to make great parents:)


************************


Snips, snails and puppy dog tails…



Or should I say sugar and spice and everything nice? If you might have guessed I have babies on the brain. My name is Alexia and I not only Stephanie’s cousin and guest blogger today, I am also 35 weeks pregnant!  This is my first pregnancy and we are so excited to be welcoming this little surprise into our family in the next month.



During this pregnancy I have had a sweet tooth like you wouldn’t believe.  I am always looking for something chocolate in my kitchen and was so excited when I came across this three-recipe cookie on Pintrest.  It’s so simple and easy and I can whip it up after a long day of teaching, not to mention this might be a good recipe to keep handy when I don’t have much time with little one coming.





                                                       Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks





1 ½ cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
3 cups Corn Flakes cereal – I actually used the Kellogg’s fruit and yogurt corn flakes.  Sounds healthier, right?





Instructions

Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.  I did this for two cycles.




Add peanut butter and stir until well combined.





Fold in Corn Flakes until the flakes are evenly coated.




Using an ice cream scooper I dropped the mix onto a wax lined baking sheet.





Throw them in the freezer for 20 minutes and enjoy!

No comments: