Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 33: Kiss Me, I'm Irish! Pretzel and M&M Cookies

Happy (day after) St. Patrick's Day!! My original plan was to get this post up yesterday, however bogging about making cookies everyday is proving to be harder then actually making the cookies everyday. I am not a writer, a photographer, or even a social media expert. Just a mom that likes to bake, take pictures and is trying to keep a promise to my kids.

We were invited to a St. Patrick's Day Party yesterday. A bunch of families got  together to eat some delicious corned beef and cabbage and enjoy the beautiful (abnormally warm for Michigan) 70 degree day. The kids all dressed in green were playing football and having a great time. Adam at one point even turned to me and made a comment about how it felt like we were celebrating the 4th of July. The beautiful weather was  secondary to the great company.

We live in a rather small city where people tend to grow up in and stay in. I am an example of that. I currently live a half a mile from the house I grew up in. One of the perks to this city is the people. We have met some amazing families. Last night was further proof of that. Sharing our evening with great kids, smart, funny, successful adults made me feel...well, lucky!

I made two different cookies for this party. One for the kids, and one for the adults. I am going to post the kid's cookie here and the adult cookie on day 34.


Kiss Me, I'm Irish! Pretzel and M&M Cookie


1 bag of Hershey's Kisses Hugs
1 Bag of Green Mint M&M's
Mini Twist Pretzels
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Place pretzels on a lined cookie sheet
Unwrap Hershey's Kisses (Hugs) and place on top of the pretzels


Bake for 3-5 minutes until the center of the kiss starts to melt.
Remove from oven and  quickly place M&M in the center.
Refrigerate to set.

Then make the kids say Kiss Me,  I'm Irish! and smile :)


No comments: