Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 63: Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies

I have a vision of a prefect double chocolate cookie. It's moist, rich, and when you bite into it you taste the buttery soft caramel. Maybe it's because my favorite candy bar growing up was a Carmello. I remember saving my change and walking to the corner 7-11 to the get one. There was something about that first bite and the carmel oozing out that I just loved.

I used a few different types of caramel since I started COD Challenge. However, I have not been to thrilled with the results. This time I decided use caramel sauce, hey, why not?

Well, it wasn't the best but not the worst either! I have a few mishaps while removing the cookies from the cookie sheet so I HIGHLY recommend lining your cookie sheets with parchment paper.


Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies



1 stick of butter softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
1/4 tsp pure vanilla
3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup PLUS 1 Tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup caramel sauce

Preheat the oven to 350.
Line cookie sheet with Parchment Paper.
Cream butter and sugars.
Add egg and vanilla.
Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Then drizzle caramel sauce into dough.
Do not over mix.
Place dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I didn't use parchment and it was a mistake.)


Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Remove for the cookie sheet to a rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy!

See those Kale Chips in the back ground? That's what I munch on while baking so there are cookies left to give the kids :)






IF YOU DON'T USE PARCHMENT THIS WILL HAPPEN




Since not all of the cookies turned out, I decided to do break the rest of the cookies into pieces (it was perfect on ice cream!).



No comments: