Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 79: Brown Sugar Cookies

As one might imagine, I go through a lot of baking supplies. I have been trying to stock up whenever I go to the store. A bag od chocolate chips, eggs and butter...lots and lots of butter!

I was about to make the cookie of the day when I pulled open my baking drawer to see that I was out of sugar!  Wanting to use ingredients I already had I came up with this Brown Sugar Cookie.

Much to the delight of the boys, they turned out soft, chewy and perfectly sweet!



Printable Recipe
Zip List
  • 6 TBS Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • 2 TBS Brown Sugar (to cover dough)

  •  

    Cream together butter and brown sugar
    Add vanilla and egg.
    Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
    Slowly add to the dough mixture.
    Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    Shape dough into a ball and roll into 2 TBS of brown sugar.
    Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
    Bake for 8-10 minutes.
    Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.


    Remove to cooling rack to complete cooling.
    Enjoy!
    **These cookies are best stored in an air tight container**


    


    3 comments:

    Ellen B Cookery said...

    These cookies look so delicious. I am bookmarking this recipe to make as well. Thanks for sharing!

    Stephanie {TheCookieADayChallenge} said...

    They will be a easy go to favorite for sure! Thanks for the comment, hope you enjoy them!!

    The Cooking Actress said...

    Mmm I do love brown sugar!