Friday, November 30, 2012

Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Here we are. The last day of November. To date, I have baked exactly 318 different cookies. That is a lot of cookies! We have gone on a few vacations, had our entire house turned upside down so our floors could be refinished and survived the fall soccer season. And still, the cookies were made.

Now, I need to stay focused and get all these recipes up on The Cookie A Day Challenge! Since I am nearing the end of the baking portion, I think I need to up the ante and give myself a date to complete this blog. Since I have hundreds, literaly, of recipes to share, My new goal is to have all the recipes posted by the end of March. So look for lots of delicious recipes to come across your screen.

What better time to kick of my marathon of cookie blogging, then the Holiday season. It is now, when cookies take center stage. Perfect.

I made this cookie at Noah's suggestion this past Monday. He wanted to use candy canes, so we did.

 
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
 
 
 
1 stick of butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
3-4 crushed candy canes
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
Cream brown sugar and butter
Stir in peppermint and egg
Slowly add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
Fold in chocolate chips
Using a cookie scoop, place dough on parchment lined cookie sheet
Add crushed candy canes to the top
Bake for 8-12 minutes
Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute
Transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy!
 

 
Much to the dismay of my husband, I stored these in our cookie jar. He is not a mint fan, and they made all the cookies taste like mint. so store separately.
 
Tomorrow: Pretzel Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
 



No comments: