Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dried Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Every so often I make a cookie that I really enjoy. This may surprise you, but I'm not a real big sweet eater. While the boys are having dessert, I usually opt to make myself a large bowl of stove popped salted popcorn. Rather then eat the cookie of the day.

However there are always exceptions. This cookie is one of them. The flavor combination the tart (but sweet) dried cherries, and smooth white chocolate chips was more then I could resist. The boys were a little unsure of the cookie at first. I think it was the large pieces of dried fruit in them :)

I left a few at home for them and took the rest to dance practice. There, the girls were very happy to finish them off. One girl has even been asking for the recipe since.

So today I present, Dried Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Dried Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Stephanie Zielinski
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8-12 min


Ingredients (24 cookies)
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract
  • 1 1/4 cup of flour
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup oatmeal
  • 2 cups of white chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together butter and sugar
Add egg and almond extract
In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients, then stir in oatmeal
Slowly stir in dry ingredients
Fold in white chocolate chips and cherries
Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoon, drop dollop of dough on cookie sheet
Bake for 10-12 minutes
Cool on cookie sheet for one minute
Remove to cooling rack to complete cooling
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

No comments: